Avire combines 6 market-leading brands (Memco, Microkey, Rath, Janus, E-Motive, TL Jones) within the elevator and in building emergency communications industries; currently offering light curtains, displays and emergency communication systems. Each brand has a strong market presence, a unique identity, a distinct product range, and a long, successful history. Avire has manufacturing locations in 4 countries, R&D centres in 4 countries and Sales & Marketing in 11 countries and in total employs over 500 people globally.
Avire is part of the Halma Group. Halma offers very high levels of autonomy to its operating companies, while providing support when needed, with a particular focus on talent development and investment in people. See Our People & Culture, Halma for more information. Halma employs over 6,300 people in nearly 50 subsidiary businesses based in over 20 countries. Through innovation and acquisition, we have developed a portfolio of market-leading companies within our three sectors: Safety, Medical, and Environmental & Analysis.
If you’re interested in working for a business whose primary focus is to protect and improve the lives of people around the world, you’ve come to the right place. We aim to be a company that does good work, and that’s good to work for.
Our purpose is to grow a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day.
About the Role
The Product Manager will form part of the team managing Avire’s portfolio of product offerings. These include cloud platforms and hardware. The hardware covers several areas of emergency communications and lift safety devices. The exact products the successful applicant will be responsible for will depend to a large extent on the applicant’s background. This is an exciting time to be part of Avire as we have acquired 2 companies in the past 2 years within the emergency communications portfolio (Microkey based in Barcelona and Rath based in Milwaukee), who specialise in GSM wireless transmission, machine to machine (M2M) technologies, cloud-based monitoring, and Area of Refuge.
The Product Manager will have responsibility for full product lifecycle management. The role also involves defining the product roadmap, which includes scoping the Engineering development needed to enhance this product portfolio. Working in conjunction with the rest of the Marketing team the Product Manager will ensure all product information is readily available and up to date.
Main requirements of the role:
- Work with Head of PM to develop the 5yr Vision and roadmap for the category
- Lead on customer pain points explorations and competitor, market, and technology developments to fuel new propositions/opportunities/solutions.
- Assessment of potential solutions in terms of commercial viability incl. market fit, opportunity sizing, value proposition, technical requirements and go-to-market strategy (i.e., should we build, buy, or partner to grow?)
- Own the roadmap, ensuring prioritisation and delivery of the right things at the right time.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team in the delivery of new proposition launches, whilst owning the Product management deliverables such as marketing material development, volume planning, etc.
- Ensure Internal activation to support proposition launches definition, generation and delivery of sales collateral and product training across all teams.
- Regular reporting to highlight performance on main KPI’s.
- Review and understand portfolio performance, with the support of data & insights, in order to drive optimisations/continuous improvement pieces and end of life recommendations.
- Work with Sales, Operations, Engineering and Marketing colleagues to define variants and sales packages of existing products.
- Manage continuous improvement work/product updates through to market deployment.
- Ensure all product documentation, information, and messaging remains relevant and up to date across all platforms.
- Help drive agile development across Avire’s engineering team
Qualifications, skills & experience
- Degree level qualification in relevant subject or equivalent experience in a Product Marketing/Product Management role
- Good general education with excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent IT skills with high proficiency in MS Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project)
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability and acceptance to travel as required globally
- Willingness to undertake all training as necessary to be fully effective in post
- Previous experience in electronics or safety/industrial equipment advantageous
- Experience working in a business-to-business or regulation-driven market
- Experience working with regional offices and third-party channels, e.g., distributors and agents
- Current, clean, full driving license
- Foreign language skills
About the Person:
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision and direction
- Comfortable working and communicating at all levels of the organisation and across departmental boundaries
- Commercially astute
- Effective team player able to positively interact with all company employees
- Proactively establishes and maintains effective working relationships
- Able to use own initiative, effectively manages own time, and build trust
- Solves problems creatively and demonstrates high integrity
- Flexible, hardworking, and with a ‘can do’ attitude
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Share scheme
- Contributory pension up to 10.4% from the employer
- Flexible working including optional two days a week working from home
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting exceptional candidates, for that reason if you don’t meet 100% of the job description, that’s okay! Please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.