Avire combines 6 market-leading brands (Memco, Microkey, Rath, Janus, E-Motive, TL Jones) within the elevator and in building emergency communications industries; currently offering light curtains, displays and emergency communication systems. Each brand has a strong market presence, a unique identity, a distinct product range, and a long, successful history. Avire has manufacturing locations in 4 countries, R&D centres in 4 countries and Sales & Marketing in 11 countries and in total employs over 500 people globally.
Avire is part of the Halma Group. Halma offers very high levels of autonomy to its operating companies, while providing support when needed, with a particular focus on talent development and investment in people. See Our People & Culture, Halma for more information. Halma employs over 6,300 people in nearly 50 subsidiary businesses based in over 20 countries. Through innovation and acquisition, we have developed a portfolio of market-leading companies within our three sectors: Safety, Medical, and Environmental & Analysis.
If you’re interested in working for a business whose primary focus is to protect and improve the lives of people around the world, you’ve come to the right place. We aim to be a company that does good work, and that’s good to work for.
Our purpose is to grow a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day.
About the Role
The Head of Product is responsible for managing Avire’s global product suite, which includes Emergency communications products, Lift monitoring solutions and display technologies. The role covers both hardware, software and service-based products. The company has a track record of growing year on year for several years and is part of the FTSE100 Halma group. Innovation Market insight is one of the key pillars at Avire, which makes this a pivotal role.
The Head of Product will be responsible for managing the entire product lifecycle including:
- Reviewing business cases for new products,
- New product development prioritisation,
- Product launches,
- Product sku rationalistaion,
- End of life strategy,
- ROI analysis.
The Head of Product will have a proven track record:
- Mentoring and coaching staff,
- Agile product development,
- Building team,
- Developing processes,
- Representing the voice of the customer in product development,
- Creating product roadmaps.
Main requirements of the role:
- Measuring and publishing performance and payback of product variants
- Owning the Product launch process, including launch stock, collateral etc.
- Owning the End-of-Life (EOL) process, including sku rationalisation
- Managing product lifecycle and roadmap to sustain innovation and competitive advantage over competitors
- Maintain and develop agile product development practices to ensure the correct product is delivered in a timely manner
- Act as the voice of the customer to the Engineering teams
- Ensure that hardware and software projects deliver the results needed by the business
Sales & Marketing
- Ensure there is a strategy to create, maintain and deliver all product training materials
- Co-ordinating product launches, including ensuring all marketing materials are in place, conducting training and communicating the value proposition
- Working with the Marketing Communications Co-Ordinator to ensure all product information is up to date across all Avire platforms
- Ensuring we have the necessary sales tools to promote product ranges (i.e. competitor guides, presentations)
- Regularly communicating product updates to the Sales team
- Working with the Sales team to gain market feedback and provide assistance through the sales process
Qualifications, skills & experience
- Experience in a Product Marketing/Product Management role
- Proven record introducing KPIs to measure success of products.
- Background in software or solutions product management.
- Proven record developing talented staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability and acceptance to travel as required globally
- Customer-centric approach with proven ability to conduct and aggregate customer insights to drive product management decision-making
- Previous experience in electronics or safety/industrial equipment advantageous
- Experience working in a business-to-business or regulation-driven market
- Previous exposure to agile new product development methodologies
- Foreign language skills would be an advantage (Spanish, Chinese or Czech)
About the Person:
- Disruptive thinker, with a track record of successfully introducing change
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision and direction
- Comfortable working and communicating at all levels of the organisation and across departmental boundaries
- Effective team player able to positively interact with all company employees
- Fiercely collaborative across diverse cultures
- Able to use own initiative, effectively manages own time and builds trust
- Solves problems creatively and demonstrates high integrity
- Flexible, hardworking, and with a ‘can do’ attitude
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Share scheme
- Contributory pension up to 10.4% from the employer
- Flexible working including optional two days a week working from home
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application through the form.