Avire is a manufacturing company with a rich history and an exciting future. Avire predominantly sells into the emergency communication industry and focuses on high-quality products for safety, communication, and connectivity. The company has a track record of growing year on year for several years and is part of the FTSE100 Halma group. We are an international business with manufacturing locations based in 4 countries, and R&D in Maidenhead, Barcelona, and Singapore.
At Avire we value respect, curiosity, collaboration, accountability, and an entrepreneurial spirit so we are looking for people who can demonstrate achievement of exceptional results with the potential to contribute even more. We are ambitious in our goals, so we need to ensure that we employ people with the talent and commitment to help.
In return we offer an environment where people can make a huge difference and readily gain the rewards and recognition that this deserves. We want our dedicated staff to enjoy coming to work and we promote an open, friendly, and social environment. We have a passion for helping people fulfil their potential and have a track record of promoting people both internally and within the wider Halma group.
- Leading the UK Engineering team, a mixture of hardware, firmware, and mechanical engineers.
- Support our engineers in their personal development and get the best out of our people
- Delivering our roadmap and improving our delivery processes
- Partner with product management to ensure we are building the right thing, in the right way, at the right time
- Work in the Technology Leadership Team to build a great high-performance engineering culture within and across our engineering teams
- Facilitating scrum teams whilst delivering hardware products to regulated markets with the compromises that bring
What type of person are you:
- Excellent communicator with relationship-building skills, both internally and externally
- Have led, coached, and developed cross-functional teams (Electronics, Embedded firmware, Software, and Mechanical Engineering)
- Passionate about continuously improving processes
- Product-minded and focused on building high-quality products.
- A coach. You know that people have the solutions within them and that helping them to realise their potential is the most impactful thing you can do.
- Proactive and self-starting with a strong sense of ownership. An independent thinker.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with frequent change. Able to cut through ambiguity.
- You have an interest in technology
- You have charismatic leadership and good interpersonal skills
- Set high standards for yourself and others in the pursuit of excellence
- Have a high intellect
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Share scheme
- Contributory pension up to 10.4% from the employer
- Flexible working including optional two days a week working from home
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting exceptional candidates, for that reason if you don’t meet 100% of the job description, that’s okay! Please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you!