Why Join AVIRE?
We are looking for a highly motivated leader who is passionate about deeply understanding our markets and customer needs and designing solutions that delight our customers. Leading our Product Management team, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of this highly profitable business, defining our product management strategy and playbook from market understanding to product launch and long-term support. You will lead and continue to build out an exceptional team of product managers working across a portfolio of life-saving emergency communications equipment.
This position would suit an exceptional Product Manager with experience of leading a small team, or an experienced Product Manager looking to take the next step in their career. The Senior Product Manager role is based out of our Sussex, Wisconsin office.
What you will do:
You will be leading and growing a high-performance team of Product Managers. You will be building out our Product Management playbook, and evolving our Product Strategy to ensure that we continue to delight our customers, stay one step ahead of the competition and remain on our rapid growth trajectory.
The Product Management team are responsible for the following four main areas:
- Understanding the strategic landscape:
- Analyzing and understanding the market drivers across one of our core product segments, conducting horizon scanning and monitoring economic and industry trends to inform product strategy and positioning.
- Deeply understanding our customers’ behaviours, needs, wants and pain points through analytics and customer research to ensure our products resonance with target audiences.
- Staying ahead of the competition by identifying and gathering competitor intelligence, understanding their strategies, and applying game theory to anticipate market dynamics.
- Building a deep understanding of the features, capabilities, and potential cross-product value areas of our offerings, to make data-driven decisions in new product and feature development.
- Validating our market understanding and identifying opportunities:
- Applying analytics and developing metrics to measure product performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Engaging in co-creation activities with existing customers, and leading user research and customer interviews, to gain insights and build strong customer relationships.
- Developing product-market concepts:
- Leading value proposition design efforts by identifying customer problems, translating product features into benefits, and staging features to create a differentiated product offering.
- Collaborating cross-functionally to develop and update business models for product/service offerings, including developing channel strategies, co-creation initiatives, pricing, and go-to-market plans.
- Rationalizing product offerings to maintain a lean product portfolio, withdrawing products from the market and maximising the value of residual intellectual property at the end of product life.
- Delivering products in collaboration with engineering:
- Working with engineering to scope projects, including jointly developing product specifications, deciding make/buy/partner strategy and planning project delivery, to ensure successful product development and launch.
- Facilitating collaborative design processes, enabling iteration, and validating features through feedback loops, to ensure that products meet customer needs.
- Taking charge of product development initiatives by creating clear objectives and key results, aligning, and activating cross-functional teams, and working with engineering to balance delivery speed and technical debt.
- Validate product designs through rigorous design reviews, feature validations and customer demonstrations, ensuring a high-quality product.
- Responding to post-delivery customer feedback, monitoring feedback from the customer support team and directing resolution of systematic defects.
We want someone who displays:
- Action-Oriented Curiosity: You readily take on challenges, and you identify and seize new opportunities. You have an outstanding history of delivering on your projects. You work on the problems that truly need solving, and you effectively challenge the organization to be better. You can cut through the clutter and focus on the priorities that align with organizational objectives.
- Collaboration: You embrace the unique experiences, viewpoints, and abilities of your teammates and proactively engage those differences to come to the best possible outcome.
- Empowerment: You thrive in an environment where you can make decisions. You do not shy away from taking a stand, and you recognize the importance of challenging the team to ensure that we strive for more.
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your actions, and you deliver on your commitments.
- Inclusion: In all aspects of your work, you treat everyone with respect.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, marketing, product design, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years progressive product management, product marketing, product design, and/or strategic marketing experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Previous experience leading a small team or influencing across a cross-functional team
- Strong strategic and analytical abilities, with a proven record of making data-driven decisions.
- Knowledge of market analysis, customer research and competitor analysis and ability to apply associated tools and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all organizational levels
- Proven ability to problem solve
- Ability to travel globally as required up to 15%
Who is AVIRE?
Connecting and Protecting People. AVIRE combines 6 market-leading brands (Rath, Janus, E-Motive, TL Jones, Microkey, and Memco) within the elevator and emergency communications industries; currently offering light curtains, emergency telephones / GSMs, and life safety solutions. Each brand has a strong market presence, a unique identity, a distinct product range, and a long, successful history. The group has manufacturing locations in 4 countries, R&D in 3 countries and Sales & Marketing in 11 countries employing over 500 people globally.
Avire is part of the Halma group (www.halma.com). Halma offers very high levels of autonomy to its operating companies, while providing support when needed, with a particular focus on talent development and investment in people. Halma employs over 6,300 people in nearly 50 subsidiary businesses based in over 20 countries. Through innovation and acquisition, we have developed a portfolio of market-leading companies within our three sectors: Safety, Medical, and Environmental & Analysis.
Avire is an equal opportunity employer.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Complete benefits package including insurance, 401K, vacation, and generous parental leave
- Hybrid work schedule
- A focus on employee development