The internal sales manager is responsible for the UK/Eire sales branch operation and customer support. They will manage the UK branch office-based personnel consisting of two sales coordinators and one logistics coordinator. They will take overall responsibility for the pro-active telesales, customer service, logistics and support activities. They will provide dedicated internal support for key accounts contacts for Avire’s UK/Eire key account customers’ daily requirements. They will be proactive in leading the internal branch team in identifying associative and up-selling opportunities. They will be responsible for problem solving involving close working with the external sales team, manufacturing, finance, engineering, marketing, business managers and customers.
Connecting & Protecting People
Avire is a manufacturing company with a rich history and an exciting future. Avire predominantly sells into the lift industry and focuses on high quality products for safety, communication and connectivity. We are a global company with offices and manufacturing across the world, but it is possible for every individual to make a big impact. We want our dedicated staff to enjoy coming to work and we promote an open, friendly and social environment. Our team is what makes Avire and we invest in talent by offering a variety of training and personal development opportunities. Avire is owned by Halma, a FTSE100 company.
- Daily management of the sales / logistics team.
- Manage and support telemarketing function
- Identify potential customers and plan how to convert them into regular customers.
- Establish a strong relationship between the customer and the company.
- Educate the customer on the products and services.
- Proactively contact key account customers seeking additional sales opportunities both through strategic marketing initiatives and telesales activity. Direct the sales coordinators to do the same in their appointed customer bases.
- Assist in the development and execution of sales strategy.
- Proven track record within a sales/sales support role, preferably electronics manufacturing industry.
- Experience of shipping and invoicing
- Must have experience of order processing, customer service and managing workload in a busy office environment.
- Must have good written, verbal communication and organisational skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, delegate and work in a fast-paced environment
- A “can-do” attitude and a willingness to take on significant challenges
- Ideally, experience of managing telesales / pro-active calls
- Experience of managing, motivating, mentoring & developing sales teams
- Ability to drive innovation and improve efficiency
- Manage the sales and logistics co-ordination team in the UK branch.
- Manage all sales and administrative support for the UK branch.
- Oversee the order process for UK/Eire to maintain standard KPI’s.
- Assist with pricing, issue quotations and proforma invoices.
- Co-ordinate the accepted delivery time by liaising with the customer and manufacturing.
- Process enquiries regarding orders, pricing, shipping, payment terms and product specifications.
- Maintain and improve good relations with external and internal customers.
- Solve problems by liaising with the customer, suppliers and other inter-company staff
- Support the sales and marketing team in achieving sales and profit targets.
- Prepare contract proposals, agreements and sales reports.
- Promote products to new/potential and existing customers through a proactive approach.
- Monitor sales trends and correlating performance against monthly sales goals.
- Provide sales forecasting for the UK /Eire / Netherlands
- Host daily morning team meetings to provide updates and direction on workload, projects and outstanding issues.
- Organise monthly branch meetings to share strategy, provide product / organisational updates and branch performance. Review and focus on sales results and consider success of sales initiatives.
- Develop and implement improvements in administrative processes.
- Handle customer complaints efficiently and courteously ensuring a customer complaint form is raised.
- Ensure customer returns and credit notes are completed within KPIs
- Responsible for UK branch adherence to health and safety requirements.
- Visit with the external sales team key customers to grow and develop business relationships, thereby, increasing customer service and understanding of our customers’ requirements.
- Comfortable working and communicating with customers and colleagues across departments
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Language Skills: Fluent English (Essential). Additional European language skills would be an advantage.
- IT skills in MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook) & familiarity with ERP systems (ideally Syteline).
- Embraces and is motivated by change.
- Accountable for delivering first class customer service.