Sales Manager – India
Avire sits within the Safety Sector of Halma plc., a FTSE 250 company with an annual turnover of £1076 million. Avire combines 6 market leading brands (E-Motive, TL Jones, Memco, Janus, Rath and Microkey) in the elevator industry, offering an extensive range of safety and communication products. With manufacturing locations in Singapore, China, Spain, USA and the Czech Republic, and sales offices in 13 locations across the globe, Avire is a truly global brand. Avire employees over 450 employees worldwide and has a company turnover of more than £64m p.a.
Avire customers include elevator & elevator door manufacturers along with global / regional / local modernization / maintenance companies. Our products include door protection and connected elevator systems elevator displays and emergency telephones. Each product brand has a strong market presence, a unique identity, a distinct product range, and a long successful history, dating back as far as 1926.
Within IMEA, Avire has a strong market position in the core product lines and has delivered successful profit growth over the past few years. The Indian elevator market continues to grow and the Avire business is expected to expand within India and also across the Middle East / Africa markets which are also growing significantly.
The Sales Manager – INDIA is responsible for the overall commercial success for Avire in the region of INDIA.
The goal is to grow sales and profit in line with the strategy and the budget plans agreed with RSM IMEA.
The Sales Manager – INDIA is to drive the development of sales opportunities for all of Avire products across the region either directly to customers or via distributors / sales agents in selected countries which will ultimately lead the winning of business. They will be expected to travel across the region to meet and present our products to prospective / existing customers.
The role will be based from the Avire office in Thane or Bangalore.
- Grow sales in the region in line with the strategy and the budget plans agreed with RSM IMEA
- Increase Avire market / customer knowledge
- Develop 3M GBP sales pipelines for project led product sales to meet the budget year after year.
- Develop Mod / Service Sales Business for Major OEM’s and Tier two OEM’s
- Develop and implement a business development / sales strategy for the region in consultation with RSM – IMEA
- Develop relationships with key target OEM customers within the region
- Support customers in in-line with the customer service charter
- Nurture the existing distributors & Develop the new network of distributors in the territory
- Manage the local team of employees and distributors
- Bachelor Degree in Business/Engineering or Equivalent Business Experience
- Minimum of 5 years sales/marketing experience gained within a B2B environment
- Elevator Industry Experience is desirable but not essential.
- The ability to understand customer needs and match appropriate solutions and value is critical.
- Maintain & grow existing customer sales within the region
- Develop, agree and implement a business development strategy with the RSM – IMEA for the region
- Development & Establish excellent business relationships with key customer targets
- Develop project sales pipeline and influence end user specifications so the Avire products are specified by consultants / architects
- Takes leadership of project sales activities for all Avire current & future products: Lift-door safety edges, lift displays, lift emergency phones, and any other products, targeting the elevator industry in the region.
- Understand in detail the target accounts structure, products, manufacturing locations / capabilities, key decision makers and decision-making process
- Proactively identify Accounts whose revenue may be shrinking so as to address any ‘at risk’ customers and reach out to these accounts to ensure they are retained as customers
- Lead product presentations / sales negotiations / tender preparations for supply contract bids to major customer targets in the region
- Set up & maintain a regular business review meeting with each of the distributors in the region
- Owns & Defines product pricing for the region with the RSM –IMEA / Sales & Marketing Director and other internal stakeholders
- Proactively develop relationships with new and key users and provide Product Marketing team with customer feedback on product improvements when ever necessary.
- Deliver ongoing market analysis and assessment of competitors and market intelligence with a focus on the future and value creation.
- Lead and drive customer problem resolution; act as a liaison between our customers engineering/production teams to resolve quality / reliability / delivery issues to meet customer expectations
- Ensure that our customers receive excellent levels of customer support & service in line with our customer service charter
Other Sales activities / responsibilities:
- Produce a monthly sales report
- Attend weekly sales calls as required
- Attend sales & marketing meetings as required
- Produce regional sales analysis / reports as required
- Weekly sales visit reports
- Responsible and accountable for overall sales performance in their region:
- Year on Year growth
- Annual Revenue Plan (Unit Plan x Average Selling Price)
- Gross Margin
- Other activities and duties / responsibilities
- Responsibility for managing projects on commercial and technical level with consultants, architects, customers and lift companies from tender stage to completion.
- To liaison with factories on technical issues, logistical issues and accounting / payment issues as necessary
- Responsible for managing the local team of employees and delegation of work as necessary
- To provide assistance, training and guidance in resolving issues where management support is required.
- Fosters an environment of accountability & discipline
- Natural leader of people, creating respect, motivation to team goals & strong team spirit / creativity
- Comfortable working & communicating at all levels of the organization and across departmental boundaries
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Ability and acceptance to travel as required across the region
- Language Skills: Fluent English (Essential). Additional language skills would be an advantage
- Excellent IT skills with high proficiency in MS Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project).
- A self starter with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and direction.
- Embraces and is motivated by change.
- High ethics and values are required to be part of the Avire team.