Why Join AVIRE?
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset? Do you like being part of high growth, high impact environments? Are you looking for an opportunity to provide your customers with consultative support–growing our business together? If you have answered yes to these questions, we should connect!
The Americas AVIRE team is looking for a highly driven, highly motivated individual to take us to new heights. The Electrical Engineer is a self-driven professional who is responsible for leading the development of new products across our Area of Refuge, Elevator communications and Detector product lines, driving the lifecycle to successful production and market launches. You will be a part of a team of engineering experts with the collective goal of making sure the products we design and manufacture meet the highest standards of safety. Further, you will be a part of a team that has a track record of delivering double digit compound growth while supporting each other. This position reports to the Director of Product & Innovation.
What you will do:
- Designing new products within one or more of our areas of refuge, elevator communications or detector product lines.
- Working collaboratively with the UK and Barcelona engineering teams, as well as with the U.S. Product Managers to articulate and plan the engineering work required to deliver new and upgraded products and services within your product lines and providing regular updates on technical progress against those plans.
- Leading electronic design throughout the lifecycle, including requirements specification, architectural definition, component selection, PCB layout, testing, qualification and production.
- Developing embedded software in C.
- Collaborating with the supply chain team to ensure components and any subcontract designs meet requirements.
- Ensuring that products are designed for manufacture and collaborating closely with our production teams to ensure a suitable production capability is in place, including specifying and developing production test procedures and equipment.
- Supporting investigation of non-conformances and other quality issues.
- Managing and coordinating engineering changes and ensuring that a detailed design record is maintained.
- Participate in field evaluations and other market research to ensure AVIRE maintains its position as the market leader within our target segments.
- Supporting the creation of a strong pipeline of ideas which solve real customer problems and pain points, providing insight into market opportunities through customer insights, market research, competitor research, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
We want someone who displays:
- Action-Oriented Curiosity: You readily take on challenges, and you identify and seize new opportunities. You have an outstanding history of delivering on your projects. You work on the problems that truly need solving, and you effectively challenge the organization to be better. You can cut through the clutter and focus on the priorities that align with organizational objectives.
- Collaboration: You embrace the unique experiences, viewpoints, and abilities of your teammates and proactively engage those differences to come to the best possible outcome.
- Empowerment: You thrive in an environment where you can make decisions. You do not shy away from taking a stand, and you recognize the importance of challenging the team to ensure that we strive for more.
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your actions, and you deliver on your commitments.
- Inclusion: In all aspects of your work, you treat everyone with respect.
- Strong knowledge of working with both analogue and digital signal processing, including dealing with high noise analogue sources.
- Experience of embedded C development for critical applications (e.g., to MISRA C standard)
- Proven ability designing and qualifying products to meet EMC requirements.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or a related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the whole lifecycle of electronic design, from specification, architectural design, component selection and PCB layout through to test and qualification.
Who is AVIRE?
Connecting and Protecting People. AVIRE combines 6 market-leading brands (Rath, Janus, E-Motive, TL Jones, Microkey, and Memco) within the elevator and emergency communications industries; currently offering light curtains, emergency telephones / GSMs, and life safety solutions. Each brand has a strong market presence, a unique identity, a distinct product range, and a long, successful history. The group has manufacturing locations in 4 countries, R&D in 3 countries and Sales & Marketing in 11 countries employing over 500 people globally.
Avire is part of the Halma group (www.halma.com). Halma offers very high levels of autonomy to its operating companies, while providing support when needed, with a particular focus on talent development and investment in people. Halma employs over 6,300 people in nearly 50 subsidiary businesses based in over 20 countries. Through innovation and acquisition, we have developed a portfolio of market-leading companies within our three sectors: Safety, Medical, and Environmental & Analysis.
Avire is an equal opportunity employer.
- Competitive base salary with significant commission potential based on performance
- Complete benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K, vacation, and generous parental leave
- Paid time off
- Professional Development training opportunities
- Hybrid schedule with flexibility